[OM] Re: 50-250 shots, was 85-250/5

Subject: [OM] Re: 50-250 shots, was 85-250/5
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:39:01 +0100
Thanks Moose.  I see that you are awake at the crack of sparrow-fart
again ;-).

Hmmm, if I use Photoshop CS to put Title, Description or Copyright
information in with an image file, is that not EXIF data?  Or is that
IPTC, or proprietary to PS?

Anyway, I had hoped that the information that I saved with the files (I
always do) would be available to anyone who wished to examine the
files.

Chris
On 30 Aug 2004, at 10:15, Moose wrote:

> Where was this EXIF data to come from? I though these were scans of
> film. EXIF comes from the digital cameras. Even if the scanner provides
> some EXIF info, it would not include lens used, etc.
>
> Nice pics nonetheless and brightness is fine on my monitor.
>
> Moose
>

> Chris Barker wrote:
>
>> Sorry chaps, but the EXIF does not seem to have transported to the
>> server.  Anyone know how to keep EXIF with the image file – if I want
>> to of course.
>>
>> All but one of the sunflower shots were taken with a 50-250 (set at, I
>> cannot remember).   One was with a 21/3.5.  Please let me know if the
>> images are dark on your monitor; they were taken in the evening light
>> and so are low key, but I want to make sure that my monitor & colour
>> space setup are working for the web as well as they are for my
>> printing.

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.