[OM] Re: 50-250 shots, was 85-250/5

Subject: [OM] Re: 50-250 shots, was 85-250/5
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:50:32 -0700
Chris Barker wrote:

>Thanks Moose.  I see that you are awake at the crack of sparrow-fart again ;-).

No sparrows up and about at that hour here. :-)

>Hmmm, if I use Photoshop CS to put Title, Description or Copyright
>information in with an image file, is that not EXIF data?  Or is that
>IPTC, or proprietary to PS?

I think of it as IPTC, 'cause that's what the CS file viewer calls it.

>Anyway, I had hoped that the information that I saved with the files (I
>always do) would be available to anyone who wished to examine the
>files.

The problem is the ImageReady Save for Web function. It strips out all
image info. At least this is the case in the Windoze version.

The solution is to simply prepare the image for the web in PS proper and
Save As => JPEG. That way you get all the file info in the JPEG. I think
Fred Miranda's Web Present Pro (WPPro) does a better job than the
downsizing/sharpen techniques I tried to master combined with Save for
Web anyway. I just flatten the layers, size it with WPPro and save as a
JPEG.

Moose