[OM] Re: 50-250 shots, was 85-250/5

Subject: [OM] Re: 50-250 shots, was 85-250/5
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:33:58 -0700
Well, it's not going anywhere. I just saved one of your sunflower pics
to disk and looked at it in PSCS, where I find your IPTC and EXIF data
to be there.

On the other hand, the whole business of embedded info is obviously way
too complicated. If I look at file properties on a JPEG or TIFF in the
Windoze file browser, it shows the EXIF Image data and a set of
Description fields, Title, Subject, Keywords, comments, which are blank
and may be edited. So I filled them in - and they don't show up in PS or
other image viewers I have. The LPTC data shows in Exifer, but not the
stuff entered in the file browser. And so called JPEG comments entered
in Exifer doesn't show in the file browser of PS. It's all in the file
headers somewhere and Photostudio finds all of it in various places, but
that doesn't mean it is accessible when viewing the file on the web.
.
If you build web pages with PS, you can use the fields you fill in as
labels in the web pages and sub-pages, as here
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/Girls/index.htm>. With other web page
creators, you need to find out which of the various bits in the file
header they will use for labels.

Moose