[OM] Re: OM Focusing Screen Cleaning

Subject: [OM] Re: OM Focusing Screen Cleaning
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:19:51 -0400
Specs of dust may also be on the surface of the camera prism, so cleaning
the screen may 1) damage the screen and 2) leave you with exactly the same
dust.  Some have found success using distilled water and blow drying. Do not
blow on the screen with your mouth as tiny droplets of saliva can easily be
deposited.  I don't recommend  cleaning with or dipping in any kind of
solvent.   I brush screens with a goose feather.  They are very effective at
removing dust and will not scratch. I pick up dust particles from the prism
with a dental probe.  As I look at the surface with a loupe, I touch the
probe to the dust and it automatically picks it up (atleast it seems
automatic).
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane,