[OM] Re: Vivitars

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitars
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 23:29:00 EDT
Funny, I was just looking at some old Moder Photo tests of the Vivitar
400/5.6 TX lens. First of all make sure that you can find a TX adapter for this
(T4
was a different system). The tests show resolution from 37 to 47 l/mm center
and 26 to 42 l/mm edge.  Contrast was mostly high in the center and high to
medium at the edges.  At the corners there were strong red/green chromatic
aberrations.  On the whole an average lens.  I never tried this lens but it was
probably better than my regular Vivitar 400/5.6 which below average, a Sigma
400/5.6 APO Macro, which was a very good lens.  But none of these can hold a
candle
to the Tamron 400/4, which is an excellent lens.  Keh has a couple of these
now for one-half of what I paid for mine.

Warren

In a message dated 9/1/04 6:47:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time, listar@xxxxxxxxxx