[OM] Re: OM40 / OMG OM2 OM2n and T10 Ring Flash

Subject: [OM] Re: OM40 / OMG OM2 OM2n and T10 Ring Flash
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:20:47 -0700
Did you look here?
http://www.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwesson/esif/om-sif/flashphotogroup/bodyflashmode
table.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Michael Kopp
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 9:46 AM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [OM] OM40 / OMG OM2 OM2n and T10 Ring Flash

Hello again, Olympians,

(Or is that Olympusians?)

As usual when I hit a brick wall in use or Web research about my
Olympus collection, I come to the experts.

I have an OM40 (which is the OMG in the U.S.) and a T10 Ring Flash.

The OM40 works fine with a T32, making it produce flashes of varying
brightness (power/time) depending on f/stop and distance as it's
supposed to do.

It does not seem to do this with the T10, which produces what appears
to be a full-power flash no matter what the f/stop or distance.

Yet the T10 is really just a modified T32 power unit, as I understand
it, and has the same 3-contact shoe and switch for contacting the
three contacts in a Shoe 4 or my OM40.

I cannot find anything in any of the specs or instructions for either
camera or flash on any of the usual suspect Web sites, or by
Googling, which indicates which cameras the T10 is compatible with.
However, since the OM40 is a subsequent development (and refinement)
of the OM2 OTF technology, one would think that the T10 should work
with it.

If so, that would seem to indicate that the T10 has a problem.

Any information, experience, advice or opinion would be gratefully received.

TIA and Cheers from the Antipodes,

--
Michael Kopp
Wellington, New Zealand