[OM] Re: Glitzy hood

Subject: [OM] Re: Glitzy hood
From: Michael Darling <miked2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:07:27 -0400
On 9/3/04 9:53 PM, "Andrew Gullen" <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually my metal hood has ridden around in my camera bag and been used a
> fair bit without coming to grief, apart from slowly getting a bit
> silvernosed. Advantages:
> - comes on and off faster
> - less annoying than a screw-in with polarizers
> - gives some mechanical protection, though that hasn't been needed

I agree with this 100%. I have two and use them at every basketball game I
shoot. One's got a couple of dings around the edge, but if the hood hadn't
been made of metal those would be divots in the front element of my 50/1.4.

To tell the truth, the chrome never has bothered me... Even on my -2sp.

-mike