[OM] Re: Glitzy hood

Subject: [OM] Re: Glitzy hood
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 09:32:24 -0300

> I feel differently. As Andrew says, screw-in hoods are slower to mount
> and unmount and don't work as well with filters. In addition, they don't
> reverse over the lens, which I highly value.

Okay, so maybe I spoke too soon without giving it a chance. Reversing over
the lens is a plus that I hadn't noticed. Of course that takes me back to
the 35RC, as its hood reverses over the lens. And you won't catch me saying
anything bad about a 35RC :-)

> >Andrew Gullen wrote:
> >Advantages:
> > - comes on and off faster
> > - less annoying than a screw-in with polarizers

Actually, I've kind of grown used to gripping the edge of my screw-in rubber
hood to turn the polarizer. But the part about mounting faster is true.
Maybe I'll come to like it; who knows?
This list is famous for talking me into liking new things. Hey, after
several months of ownership, I'm actually starting to like some things about
the C5050.

> I have both kinds and prefer the rubber one for day to day use. They are
less >obtrusive and don't get dinged or ding other things, while still
providing flare >and physical protection.

Yes, but on the Oly list, metal is always better :-)

> Moose

Wayne
(properly snipped, with no excessive quoting other than what was fully
intended by the author, who expects every reader to notice every > and >>
with all its implications :-)
And please notice the :-)'s  !!
:-)