[OM] Re: OM-4 info - how to pick faults with it

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 info - how to pick faults with it
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 08:04:49 -0500
David,
In addition to Gord's good advice, I would also take in my own set of 357s
and fire off the range of shutter speeds in manual mode and then ask if
they have a winder and make sure it works with a winder.  If you don't get
some kind of period in which a return is possible, then I would walk.

I think it is very important to make sure the spot metering works. I got an
OM-4T from KEH once that had to go back because it just didn't meter.  An
OM-4 can work fine in both auto and manual mode but the spot metering not
work.  In a once over, even the KEH guys can miss stuff like that.

The OM-4 is a great camera.  I hope this one works out for you.

Joel W.