[OM] Re: Glitzy hood

Subject: [OM] Re: Glitzy hood
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 09:22:43 -0400
If you ever want to give up the metal hood, I'll buy it.  I really like the
metal hoods, and don't much care for the rubber.  While probably not very
reasonable,  I regard the possibility of my hand accidentally distorting the
shape of the rubber hood so as to reduce its effectiveness or even produce some
vignetting as something I'd rather not think about.  And when you set the
camera down with the rubber hood attached, they get bent and can take a while
to re-form.

As for dings and scratches, hell, that's a badge of honour, just like my scars,
the unique marks on leather goods, etc.  As far as the chrome goes, I've only
ever seen them with a relatively small amount of chrome on the circumfrence of
the inside edge, and I think it looks mitey purtty.

Earl, aka Metal Schnozz