[OM] Re: "top-posting"? was excessive quoting

Subject: [OM] Re: "top-posting"? was excessive quoting
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 18:45:10 +0100
Thanks Piers, Andrew and AndrewF;  I thought as much...

But for me top-posting makes better sense since it is the message I
wish to read, not necessarily the quote.  If then I wish to read the
quote I merely scroll down to the appropriate text.

I guessed, however, that Michael was saying that bottom-posting enabled
automatic thread-follower software to group similar posts in a list
window.  For my part, the threading is of low importance; if I ever
wish to follow threads, I arrange by Subject in the list window, or let
Mac Mail do it for me.

Finally, I remember reading about the conventions of posting and
quoting on a news list some years ago (on a 14400 modem!) and I thought
it rather like the argument between the Big-endians and the
Little-endians of Lilliput. ;-)

Chris

On 4 Sep 2004, at 12:12, Piers Hemy wrote:

> This is top-posted, Chris
>
> Piers

<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker