[OM] Re: OM-4 info - how to pick faults with it

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-4 info - how to pick faults with it
From: James Royall <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:46:50 +0100
Not sure how to best answer this, but take along some new SR44
batteries and a flash you know to be working ok and then try everything
you can think of!  Auto at a range of apertures, looking at bright
light and into a dark recess, manual through the shutter speeds, with
flash, self timer, etc. You should at least find something glaringly
wrong with it, maybe not that 125th is 150th, but then at least it's
only a CLA. I suppose you would not be able to pass judgement on the
film advance mechanics, but you could take along a film past its use
date to sacrifice a few frames towards this end also.

Not exactly scientific.

James