[OM] Re: excessive quoting

Subject: [OM] Re: excessive quoting
From: Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 11:26:08 +1200
At 17:18 -0400 4/9/04, Tom Scales wrote:

>Clearly bottom posters have never worked with the blind community.
>
>Imagine trying to follow a thread -- or even read a thread -- that is bottom
>posting if you're using a screen reader.  You have to wait and wait and wait
>while it reads you all the quoted material before you get to the new
>material that consists only of "Me too".

Ummm, this is a list for photographers. Do we have any blind
photographers here?

(I have known some with 20-20 vision, and some who were really blind.)

Top posting also allows for the interjection of comments immediately
after what is being commented on, instead of having to remember a
whole post or thread.

>Bottom posting made sense in the days of 300 baud modems.  It doesn't tday.

This seems a non-sequitur. What does the speed of transmission have
to do with whether one top or bottom posts? Both take the same amount
of time to transmit. I'm not aware that bottom posting was used
because of modem speed.

Cheers from the Antipodes,

--
Michael Kopp