[OM] Re: excessive quoting OT now...

Subject: [OM] Re: excessive quoting OT now...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 17:04:06 -0700
It may not have been elegant, but it was completely clear, which seems
to me to be the higher virtue. I'm sure glad it is working so well for you.

It was also highly interesting and informative, as I had never heard or
read a description of the whole procedure. Thanks!

I've worn glasses or contacts since I was quite young. I've idly thought
about Lasik, but am not sure how much I would like it overall. First,
I'm old enough that I would need reading glasses and probably need
separate computer glasses, as I did when wearing contacts. Second, the
combination of -5 diopter in one eye with 20/10 visual acuity in that
eye means I only need pull off my glasses to have super closeup vision,
I can read super fine print, see detail in photos, etc. that almost
everyone else needs a magnifier to see. I've had people challange me to
read things, then check them with a magnifiing glass becasue they just
don't believe me. I would find it hard to give that up. Then as long as
I need glasses for that eye, why bother to fix the other one?

Moose