[OM] Re: Glitzy hood

Subject: [OM] Re: Glitzy hood
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 12:41:42 +1000
Gord,

If it was mine I'd re-tap the thread with, say, a BA thread tap the next
diameter up but then I'd have to find a screw with a similar knurled,
mushroom head which may be difficult. Maybe in Canada you'd have a better
chance if you chose a 2-64 UNF (0.086" dia.) size (try a 0-80 UNF first but
the existing Metric size may be a whisker larger and may not have sufficient
meat to take a thread). A suitable screw shouldn't be too hard to find in a
UNF size. On looking at my rubber 50mm hood I can see that I'd have to pop
out the clamp strip before tapping the new thread. Whatever, don't bin it,
'cos it is fixable.

John,
Sydney, Oz.