[OM] Re: excessive quoting OT now... Lasik surgery

Subject: [OM] Re: excessive quoting OT now... Lasik surgery
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 20:51:30 +1200
Hi Robert

Congratulations on having a great deal of courage. And thanks for the
excellent description.

For myself, having worn spectacles for 60 years, and valuing the physical
protection they give my eyes; and having been told that they yield vision
probably sharper than Lasik would give me, I decided some years ago to give
it a miss. But I can envisage conditions where Lasik would be a great benefit.

Brian

> On Sep 4, 2004, at 4:26 PM, Michael Kopp wrote:
>
> > Ummm, this is a list for photographers. Do we have any blind
> > photographers here?
>
> Heh...I had a -6-and-change dioptric adjustment on my viewfinder eye
> until Thursday. I had lasik at 11:30 Thursday morning, though, and can
> already see better than I've been able to since I was 8 (when scarlet
> fever destroyed a lot of my vision and hearing). The operation was a
> strange experience, but worth it.
<snip> Robert