[OM] Re: Ilford Again

Subject: [OM] Re: Ilford Again
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2004 10:35:23 +0100
On 5 Sep 2004, at 4:27, Ross Orr wrote:

> People! Top-posting vs. bottom-posting. . . ?
>
> The *really* upsetting news of the week is that Ilford seems to be in
> dire shape indeed--laying off nearly half their staff:
> http://tinyurl.com/5ax2j
>
> more news links here:
> http://news.google.com/news?
> hl=en&ned=us&q=Ilford+Imaging&btnG=Search+News
>
> a somber digest subscriber,
>
>  -- Ross

I am a little more sanguine about Ilford's future now.  I believe that
its owner is merely a money-making organisation, with little feel for
the organisation (as opposed to the business of selling film etc...).
The layoffs will be partly presentational to attract a quick buyer.
It's very sad for those losing their jobs, but it might be good news
for Ilford's customers.

Chris

<|_:-)_|>
C M I Barker