[OM] Re: T-32 Omnibounce questions

Subject: [OM] Re: T-32 Omnibounce questions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:19:54 -0700
Piers Hemy wrote:

>And curiously, the Eurpean elk has the same characteristic of singular and
>plural forms being identical.  Or perhaps it is that there is no singular
>form, ie that moose, elk and cattle are all thought of in the same way
>(perish the thought!).

That is the usage with which I am familiar for at least most of the deer
family, moose, deer, elk, antelope, reindeer/caribou..... However, a
dictionary of American English said that both elk and elks are correct
plural forms, so I didn't mention that put it in my post. It seems an
awkward and incorrect usage to me, but some folks muct be using it.

Moose