[OM] Re: "top-posting"? was excessive quoting

Subject: [OM] Re: "top-posting"? was excessive quoting
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 13:07:40 -0700
on 9/4/04 2:33 PM, Chris Barker at ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

snipped a bit...

to the above quoted... and if you include that in your reply the mailing
list software bounces the message. So you have to review and edit to that
degree, which makes it simpler to edit more (as I have done above <g>). As
to bottom or top posting, I think the top posting makes the new comments
more immediately available, and if you need to get the background you can
scroll down... of course, sometimes its not clear that -all- the new
comments are at the top, so scrolling might be necessary just to get the
full benefit of the pearls if wisdom cast about by our correspondents.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...