[OM] Re: chai, was Re: OT Re: Re: excessive quoting

Subject: [OM] Re: chai, was Re: OT Re: Re: excessive quoting
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 06:55:52 -0700
I suspect it was the other way round since tea cultivation began in
China a bit over 4000 years ago. Tea probably spread to India with the
migrations associated with the spread of Buddhism to China somewhat
later. Probably it depends whether the Indian Buddhists adopted the
Chinese name or made up a new name of their own for it. Although it
would not explain its use in China.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA