[OM] Hello zuikoholics.

Subject: [OM] Hello zuikoholics.
From: Thomas.Fenwick@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:32:58 +0100
Hi,

I would just like to introduce myself and share a little story that some of you
may find amusing.

I learned the basics of photography with my Dad's old OM1 about 20 years ago,
and although I always took pictures every now and again, after an initial
enthusiasm I didn't really get keen until two or three years ago.  At that
point I got myself a Ricoh GR1v, and the results from this and the XA I started
to take everywhere began to rekindle my interest.

Eventually I found myself with a bathroom darkroom, a Bessa R rangefinder and a
few lenses and whole bunch of other interesting but mainly cheap old
rangefinders and even a C220 and a Rolleicord.  I had a lot of fun with all
this stuff.  I also steadily aquired more OM bits and pieces as my Dad and
various friends of his got used to their EOS stuff, but for some reason I never
really used any of it.  I guess it just wasn't as "cool"...

Anyway, eventually my darkroom experiences led me to think it would be nice to
have a spot-meter and after a bit of looking around ended up thinking that it
made sense to get one that came wrapped in an OM4-T rather than any of the
alternatives.

I did this a couple of weeks ago.  I've put a few films through it now and
guess what?  The results are simply miles better than anything I've managed so
far with any of my other kit...

So here I am where I should have been all along; I've learned my lesson at
last, and I'm going to stick around here for a bit and see what else I can pick
up!

Best to all,

Tom

==== PLEASE NOTE ====
This email is for the intended recipient only and is confidential. If this
email has been misdirected, please let the sender know and delete it.  Any
disclosure, copying, distribution is prohibited.

Although we take great care to protect our network from computer viruses, we
accept no responsibility for mail-borne viruses and recommend that you scan the
email and its attachments.  If you do find any virus please let us know so that
we may take appropriate action.

For the legal protection of our business any email sent or received by us may
be monitored or intercepted.

For details of the registered offices of the companies using this email gateway
please see http://www.nestle.co.uk/regoff.htm