[OM] Re: Hello fellow zuiko or Olympus fans

Subject: [OM] Re: Hello fellow zuiko or Olympus fans
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 21:46:53 -0700
All true, but.... You can do the same thing with an OM-2n, OM-4(T(i)) or
OMPC in Manual Mode by the simple expedient of putting a bit of tape
over the left forward hot shoe contact (as viewed from the rear). That
prevents the flash ready signal from informing the body there is a flash
attached, so the 1/60 is not set. The one consequence is that the flash
ready and confirmation light in the viewfinder then doesn't work. Since
one can see the flash charge/confirmation light on the flash with a
small head movement, this is a minor inconvenience compared to buying an
OM-3Ti for that one function. You should generally remove the tape and
clean the contact when finished with doing the special shots. Little
bits of tape aren't reliable long term mods.

Moose