[OM] Re: which slide film?

Subject: [OM] Re: which slide film?
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:28:02 -0400
Cc: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've standardized on Astia 100F (the new, and only version available now) for
all my normal transparancy shooting.  For me, it offers natural looking flesh
tones and realisticly saturated colors.  I think that Sensia is the same film,
but in a "consumer" version.  I found Velvia too saturated.  And I don't have
the need to keep trying new films.

If you're in a quandry, I'd put 3-4 different films into three bodies, and
shoot the same set of scenes, exposure lengths, and subjects (make sure to
include people) with the same lenses on manual.  Then have the film delivered
uncut and evaluate them on a light-table.  IOW, try to make your own decision.

A somewhat narrow opinion.

Skip