[OM] Re: which slide film?

Subject: [OM] Re: which slide film?
From: "David Irisarri" <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 19:34:07 +0200
>The other thing I have been noticing is the result of scans versus the E-1.
>I use the LS-4000 scanner and am wondering if I am able to get all the
>resolution out of the slide film. The E-1 shots equal or better the OM
>shots much of the time. Maybe it is the lower vibration, maybe it is the
>lenses, or maybe it is the scanner? I'm still trying to sort it all out.
>I don't have a high powered loupe.

>Wayne

Hi Wayne, I am very interested in your point of view about this. I also have
noticed E1 images are truly crystal clear! Even with just only 5 mp, if you
enlarge at 200% you can see very well defined and resolved details. I also
have got a Nikon LS-4000 and it´s very hard to scan flat slides for getting
crisp images. Scratches, dust, etc... it´s a nightmare. I love editing E1
images with PS. Digital Zuikos are really sharper than previous Zuikos. I
have made many trials with 50/1,8 with fourthirds adapter and Digital Zuiko
50/2 and images are very different. I think old zuikos give to images more
antialiasing.  The only thing I miss from OM4T in my new E1 is the
possibility to select from menu:

1. Ektachrome E100 S profile.
2. Velvia 50 profile.
3. Fuji Astia 100 profile.

But I think PHASEOne will add this features in future releases from C1
software. By now, E1 generic profile is awesome!!!

Dave