[OM] Re: which slide film?

Subject: [OM] Re: which slide film?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:03:30 -0400
Winsor didn't seem to think that the resolution argument for film had
been made in CH's test shots below:

<http://www.accura.com.hk/P8193517.jpg> (1.1MB, 11mm at F4, 1/800s)
<http://www.accura.com.hk/P_06.jpg>  (3.2MB, 21/2 at F5.6, OM4 auto)

However, if you look at the smaller text in the "Orizzonti aperti" sign
you will see that much more of the small text is resolved in the film
image than the E-1 image.  Also, most of the mult-colored spots forming
the background are clearly resolved in the film image and nothing but a
blur in the E-1 image.

However, I'm still drawn to the digital.  My film scanner can't compete
at 2700 dpi and I'm sick and tired of dusty, scratched and spotted film.

Chuck Norcutt