[OM] Re: 9/10 fragment of my day (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: 9/10 fragment of my day (OT)
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:08:24 +1000
> Chris Barker [mailto:ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> League is only for poofters...

...and Union's for the repressed backdoor boarding-school
boys, yes, yes yes, we all know that, Chris. ;-)

Incidentally, "touch footy" (Andrew's "twister") is what
was played at the Gay Gaymes in 2001 in Sydney, and the
host club was POOFTA (Proud Open and Out Football Touch
Association), for whom I took photographs that week. They
not long ago put together a Union team (called the 'Convicts'),
and, apart from playing in a local comp', they travelled back
to the Ol' Dart to play in an event over there (cats amongst
the pigeons?). I think they came second. Several broken
bits this season, but nails weren't numbered.

I almost waggled a seat on the plane as the photographer
again, but a distinct absence of available Leave got in
the way.

It's amazing the number of sports that are for poofters
though ;-)

Newcastle had already suffered a slow, whimpering death,
Andrew, so I think I'll put my (undoubtedly lost) hope in
North Queensland, purely for their Friday night efforts.

Cheers dears,
Marc
Sydney, Oz