[OM] Re: New Pentax

Subject: [OM] Re: New Pentax
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:52:31 -0700
Winsor:

Interesting statistics on "click thrus" on the site.  The top 20 individual
models (by brand) were:
Canon              13
Konica-Minolta  1
Olympus             1
Nikon                 2
Panasonic           1
Sony                  2

The Olympus was the C-8080.

Thom Hogan predicted that the top five digital companies would have a 70%
market share by the end of the year, and fifty other companies would fight
for the remaining 30%.

http://www.bythom.com/2004predictions.htm

 The last five days' click-thrus by brand were:

Canon     32.8%
Sony        11.8
Nikon       10.2
Olympus     7.9
Fujifilm       7.8
  Total       70.5%

Looks pretty grim for any manufacturer not in the "Big Five".

Bill Stanke