[OM] Re: Altering DX codes (i.e. can I trick the mju-II?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Altering DX codes (i.e. can I trick the mju-II?)
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:03:33 +0930
Thanks very much for all the responses. A lot of helpful information,
as usual. The problem is solved!

At 5:49 PM -0700 2004.09.14, Moose wrote:
>Just remove the paint in the area that has to be conductive. All the
>manufacturers do is not paint those areas, letting the canister itself,
>not some coating, be the conductor.

That's useful to know, and easy. Thanks.

At 10:54 AM +1000 2004.09.15, Wayne Harridge wrote:
>I believe I saw some "stick on" DX labels somewhere on the web.  Might be
>worth a search.

Yes, this URL from John Gettis shows some good stuff
   http://buyporters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=F1U
especially the "mixed bag" of labels at different settings. We've just
exhumed our bulk loader after years in the cellar, so these will be good for
labelling canisters.
As Daniel suggests, will try Vanbar locally (haven't bought anything there
yet, but they seem to have a good range of interesting stuff including bulk
film).

At 9:17 PM -0700 2004.09.14, Jim Brokaw wrote:
>Hmm... I'd just tape over the #4 position and scrape the paint off the #3
>position. I've never done that, but it seems like it would work.

Yes, I figure that will work.

Also, Robert Kan kindly let me know offlist that the mju-II defaults
to 100ASA, which is what I want this time, so all I need to do is tape
over the whole area. For anything else, I'll use the suggestions above.

thanks
  Andrew