[OM] Re: Information on a Carl Zeiss lens for OM

Subject: [OM] Re: Information on a Carl Zeiss lens for OM
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:43:40 +0200

Andrew Gullen wrote:
> I don't know about any Japanese production, but Carl Zeiss Jena
> was made in East Germany. I gather some of the factories ended
> up on each side of the line, so there were effectively two
> companies after the war. German list members...?

Since being a German list member, but as well
being NOT familiar with Zeiss (hey, this is
an OM list! And that is the stuff I love), I
had to do something ...
A quick Googling revealed at least one site
pretty well explaining the "multiple Zeiss"
phenomen, so if you like go and see at
<http://johnlind.tripod.com/zi/zeissikontext.html>
The third chapter "Carl Zeiss" reveals the
important history. Later they cooperated with
Yashica.

Andreas