[OM] Re: New E-system camera

Subject: [OM] Re: New E-system camera
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 21:52:01 +0800
Your asumption only works if E-1 is a B/W camera and without low pass filter
on surface of CCD, otherwise you have to devide the total pixel count by 2.

I agree the 90/2 is not very good at close up but it has very high
resolution at lower mag. At a sunny day (high enough shutter speed and
optimised aperture) and with a reasonable good lens, it is easy to get a
shoot better than a 6MP digital camera (in resolution). I have some scans on
my son's negatvie taken from the Europe trip, his OM2n and Zuiko 35-105 gave
some very sharp shots that make me remember 12 years ago I visit the same
place with some very nice pictures taken with same lens (same version but
different one).

Of course E-1 is very acceptable otherwise I will not use it for most of my
works today.

C.H.Ling