[OM] Re: Quick Digital Camera Question

Subject: [OM] Re: Quick Digital Camera Question
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:09:20 +0100
If you want help Evan think of this:  when it was first marketed in the
UK the price was around GBP1750.  It is now, around 6 months later (?)
available for GBP600 less.  You can probably transpose pounds for
dollars in this assessment.  It has a relatively low pixel count which
is bound to be obsolete (if you like to have the latest, most capable
of a marque) within a few months.  I should expect there to be an E-2
or -3 by January next year ...

I should continue to see the world in film sizes.  You will probably
feel the same about your film cameras some years hence, whereas the
computers-with-lenses will look a little jaded I suspect.

Chris

On 16 Sep 2004, at 15:03, Evan Ruff wrote:

> You people are enablers and have me looking at an E1 now.
>
> That being said, when I see the focal lengths of the lenses for
> digital, do
> I always multiply by two to get the 35mm equivalent? Is that the rule
> for
> all cameras?
>
> When I see a Nikon 24mm f/2.8 DX, is that a 24mm lens or a 48mm lens?
> With
> the prosumer cameras, such as the Oly 8080, is that a 7.1 - 36.6mm lens
> (obviously not)
>
> My brain is small and only able to see the world in 35mm, how do I
> convert
> these things?
>
> Evan
<|_:-)_|>