[OM] Re: I want one baaa-aa-aaaa-aa-a-ad

Subject: [OM] Re: I want one baaa-aa-aaaa-aa-a-ad
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:08:10 -0700
A lot of people say that Nikon has the initial patents and licenses to
Canon. I don't know whether that is true, but Nikon used VR in a
digicam years ago. Just more conservative with their SLRs.  I agree on
the sensor size variation. The original break out of lens focal lengths
on 35mm cameras developed because they were useful. The multiplier
messing up those relationships was one of the reasons I was hostile
toward digital for a long time. My most used lenses, the 24mm and the
35-80, became 36 and 44-120. And to get a reasonable wide angle
equivalent to the 24mm required a very exotic and expensive 16mm where
frequently other image qualities are sacrificed to wideness. Yuck. With
a standard sensor size, APS or 4/3,  then focal lengths can be geared
to it.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA