[OM] Free Pictures! Free Pictures!

Subject: [OM] Free Pictures! Free Pictures!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 11:00:28 +0000
Hurricane Ivan came ashore yesterday a little west of the Destin/Ft. Walton
Beach, Florida area where we had been until we were told to evacuate this past
Tuesday.  The storm rearranged things rather haphazardly, including washing out
sections of the coast highway and collapsing a bridge on Interstate 10.  As
promised (threatened), I'm posting a few shots I took while we were there.  You
will see no wall hangers here, just some quick and dirty scans.

This was never intended to be a serious photographic outing, so I hauled along
only two OM-4T's, with motor drives, and seven lenses.  The lenses included my
"serious" walk about kit of 19-35/3.5~4.5 Phoenix, 35-80/2.8 Zuiko, and
80-200/2.8 Tamron.  But because I didn't want the bother of a camera bag, or
even a fanny pack, and because it was just too damn hot even for my lightweight
and ventilated Cabela's safari vest of many pockets, the only lens that made it
out of the condo was the 28-105/2.8 Tamron.

I know some of you don't think much of this lens and have not been bashful
about saying so, and I certainly won't argue that it's optically equal to the
35-80/2.8 Zuiko, or even the 35-105/2.8 Tamron.  But its range make it my
favorite one-lens outfit, which, to me, outweighs it's large size and possibly
infinitesimally lesser optical performance.  The only other lenses that even
made it out of the bag on this trip were the 80-200/2.8 Tamron and 500/8 Zuiko,
which I used for a couple of shots from the balcony.  In fact, in four days, I
took only 72 photographs.  I guess I'm slowing down in my dotage.

Here's the link:

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-.html

Walt

--