[OM] Re: Digital Dilemma

Subject: [OM] Re: Digital Dilemma
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 22:11:57 +1000
I used the 24-85USM on a Canon IX years ago - it was originally
designed for the APS format and so is a good choice for the 1.6 digital
format. It is sharp although rather slow.
The bargain is the 50mm 1.8 which is very cheap and very sharp and
rather flimsy (you won't believe it could be any good). For Zuikohead
in nostalgia crises - it comes in two known versions but you'll pay a
premium for a very old metal mount/DOF scale version and there is no
optical difference. On my European trip, the Zuiko 18mm and the Canon
50mm were the two lenses I used far more than anything else on my 10D.
AndrewF