[OM] Re: What's missing?

Subject: [OM] Re: What's missing?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:41:57 -0700 (PDT)
> Are you printing Inkjet? I was not sure by your post. Digital
> editing?

Yes. However scanned 35mm has an entirely different "look" in
the final print.  You can almost step into the 35mm pictures.
Less crisp (scanner's fault), but more oomph.  Kinda like adding
a subwoofer to your stereo system.

As I look at several pictures, I'm noticing something about the
greens. With Velvia, greens will transition to black, but with
digital you have greens and you have blacks, but the two don't
meld together--low level greens appear about one zone too high.
This could explain why I seem to always need to burn down green
backgrounds.  The greens also seem to have too much yellow in
them.

> And are you proposing an Orton type technique to pull back the
> 3-dness?

I'm not familiar with that.

AG

http://vote.yahoo.com