[OM] Re: Amazing film camera (was Kodak Australasia plant shuts down)

Subject: [OM] Re: Amazing film camera (was Kodak Australasia plant shuts down)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 00:13:12 +0800
Wow! looks like you have been a full time pro in the photographic fields, I
really admire you can put a hobby into a career.

I also admire you for not being inflected by the digital virus. I just meet
a colleague, a Mechanical Engineer from Germany, it was his first time to
Hong Kong. In the ferry trip to our factory he took out a hand made leather
camera case (quite worn one) from his luggage. When I was just wondering
what camera he use, he took out a worn black Pen FT from his case with a
standard 38/1.8 and he also carried a 100/3.5. He told me this is his only
camera and he love the slides that came out from it, it is really hard to
believe someone is still using half frame only!

This really gave me some impacts, I remember the date when I got a brand new
E-10 I was very happy but it only lasted for a few months, after that it was
a 10D, the enthusiasm only last for half a year and then now the E-1. I
remember I was much happier with the OM system but after digital this
feeling never come back again :-(

C.H.Ling