[OM] Re: slightly OT - UK - film scanning - business proposition?

Subject: [OM] Re: slightly OT - UK - film scanning - business proposition?
From: "Simon Worby" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:35:27 +0100
Piers Hemy wrote:

> <huge snip> HTH!

It does. I had no idea decent scans were that expensive. At £25 per scan to get
someone else to do it, that's only 40 scans before the thing would have paid
for itself!

It's not the profit I'm after, more the justification to buy the thing in the
first place. And 40 scans only before break-even sounds like excellent
justification to me. If I could help others now and then with the odd film
scanned in for a few quid, that would be an added bonus.

As I said, I certainly wouldn't want to do it as my "business" one iota.

Thanks,

Simon