[OM] Re: 50 f1.4

Subject: [OM] Re: 50 f1.4
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:33:14 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/2004 6:21:01 PM Central Standard Time,
jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx writes:

Considering the alternative for a speed
lens is the 50/1.2 which  more typically costs over $200, the price doesn't
seem out of line now  (~$113) though I won't be bidding on it...

Yep, yep, yep said the voice from the past.  I agree that $113 for  this lens
is not totally out of whack given its condition.  I would  disagree that a
50mm f1.2 in similar condition could be had  for anywhere  near $200.  Having
both the 50mm f1.2 and the 55mm f1.2, one will be sold  soon and it will be for
more than that range.  Both have recent CLA in  the past couple of months
because of slow aperture and I've enjoyed using them  as a 100mm f1.2 or 110mm
f1.2 on my e-1.  If anyone needs one of the f1.2s,  please contact me off list.
Digital pictures can be provided.   Bill Barber