[OM] Re: What's missing?

Subject: [OM] Re: What's missing?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:25:24 -0700
They are designed to different ends and not necessarily good or bad.
The displays on laptops are designed to use up the least amount of
battery power while maintaining a decent appearance. One of the ways
they do that is to narrow viewing angle. No power to send light from
each pixel over a wide angle. That way they can use a much smaller
light source in a narrow bright beam, if you don't move your head or
the display. So the LCDs in a notebook are very good for what they are
designed to do. They are not designed to be a monitor for editing
photographs.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA