[OM] Re: MF gear (Was: 28mm/3.5 hood [was: Re: lens questions)

Subject: [OM] Re: MF gear (Was: 28mm/3.5 hood [was: Re: lens questions)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:56:24 +0000
I'm sort of partial to my Graflex XLRF system, which has interchangeable,
rangefinder-coupled lenses, and interchangeable film backs, providing full 6x9
with sheet film or a Horseman back, 6x7 with a Mamiya back, 6x6 with a Graphic
back, or even 4.5x6 with a Mamiya back.  As for lenses, my outfit has these:
47/5.6 Schneider Super Angulon, 58/5.6 Rodenstock Grandagon, 80/2.8 Zeiss
Planar, 100/2.8 Zeiss Planar, 180/4.5 Rodenstock Rotelar, and 270/5.6
Rodenstock Rotelar.  Of course, full-size ground glass focusing and composition
is an easy option, when necessary.

Then there's the 6x9 Crown and Century Graphic gear, which uses the same film
backs, but a whole 'nother set of lenses.

I'm shooting more and more MF these days.  Could be I'm just trying to stay
ahead of digital -- and way ahead of digital, too, at least for now.  If you've
never seen a 6x9 Velvia tranny or an Efke 25 B&W negative, then you just don't
get it.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from