[OM] A11 Flash Problem

Subject: [OM] A11 Flash Problem
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:28:20 -0400
I recently picked up an XA2 with an A11 flash.  The flash had a mess of
battery corrosion which I've managed to completely rid it of.  When I try
to power up the flash it goes through the charging/whining sound.  Just
about the time the sound should stop it starts over again to the point
where it should stop and starts over again to the point....it just keeps
doing this.  I've noticed that the flash body seems to get a little warm
after several attempts to charge up.

If I remember correctly, someone not too long ago posted about the same
problem with their flash (don't know if A11 or what).  I can't find the
thread in the archives.  If one of our listees saved the thread I'd
appreciate his/her sending it to me off list.

Also, for the A11 is this problem something I can remedy?

Thanks in advance,

Gary