[OM] Scanner or copy using digital body

Subject: [OM] Scanner or copy using digital body
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:27:55 +0200
having had a bad and expensive experience with my early canon 2700F, I
am reluctant to invest in a new scanner although I know they are much
much better now. (I have mainly kodachromes and although I can scan the
64 It will not scan 200 )

My current line of thought is having just bought a bellows and slide
copier from that auction place is to not buy a scanner but spend a
little extra on a digital body and adapter and copy the slides that way.

I think this may be much faster as it will require less post processing,
once you have the camera set up correctly. I then also have a digital
body to use.

I thought I read something about this on photo.net but can't find it any
more.

Any thoughts or comments
IanW