[OM] Re: Best Zoom Lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Best Zoom Lens
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:48:08 -0300

> Used in be, in pre-eBay days, that some of us selling goods would delight
in >talking up an item on a mailing list which we had earmaked for sale.  I
could do that >now, but I'd be guilty of potential bias in my
recommendation.

> Gary Reese

I bought a like-new Kiron 80-200/4.5 zoom lock from Gary, which he had
described on the auction site as a "sleeper lens". It is definitely an
excellent performing lens for when you can work with the slower speed, and
if you are content to get excellent results without spending a lot of money
or owning an OEM lens. Not everyone is. I've never felt any desire to go
looking for the similar 65-200 Zuiko, one reason being the frequency of
cloudy elements found in that lens.
Wayne