[OM] Re: LCD Monitor (was What's missing?)

Subject: [OM] Re: LCD Monitor (was What's missing?)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:48:55 +0000
I'm sitting at a desk with two computers: a Dell desktop with a 19-in. CRT
monitor and a Dell laptop with a 15-in. LCD.  I haven't even turned the desktop
unit on in the last two months or so.  I do everything on the laptop with the
LCD screen.  Yes, it's necessary to take care that the viewing angle is correct
because the wrong tilt of the screen causes significant changes in brightness
and contrast, but I much prefer it, even though it's a little smaller.  It's
just better, IMO, and I manage, without too much effort, to get scans from
slides with the Minolta 5400 that, when printed on the Epson 2200, come mighty
close to matching what I see on screen.  Good enough for an old muddler like me.

I may be wrong, but, as usual, I'm not uncertain.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --