[OM] Re: Minolta scanner

Subject: [OM] Re: Minolta scanner
From: jason.gidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:02:20 +0100
Hi James,

I also have the Scan Dual IV (a recent purchase) and would be very
interested in seeing the comparisons with the 5400.

James wrote...

<snip>
1. dust and scraches showing up a lot
2. Difficulty in getting the right colours
5. light white skys have streaks in them
</snip>

I have definitely experienced dust and scratches and it can be a bit of a
pain.  Once or twice I have also encountered the colour problems you
mention and concur that it has always been from scans of colour negative
film, probably 2 or 3 out of 50 or so scans.  Can't say that I have noticed
streaky whites, I'll have to have a look.

In general I've been pretty pleased with mine to be honest and thus far
have been able to put up with a few niggles.  However they may start to
rankle a little more over time.  Ultimately I'm sure that you get what you
pay for and I'd have loved to buy the 5400, but at twice the price I can't
justify that this year.

Cheers.

Jason.

BNP Paribas Private Bank London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in the
United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Securities Services London Branch is authorised
by CECEI & AMF and is regulated by the Financial Services
Authority for the conduct of its investment business in the
United Kingdom.

BNP Paribas Fund Services UK Limited is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority.