[OM] Re: Question about OM-4 spot meter

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about OM-4 spot meter
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:55:07 -0400
Welcome to the list. It is a very strange but odd coincidence that the film
must not be advanced for spot to work.  Spot should work regardless. It
could be the spot switch (little black button on the mount) has been a
little clipped off.  This happens when a non-Olympus lens (with extra screw
holes on the mount) is mounted.  As the unit is turned on the mount, one of
the screw holes passes over the switch and cuts the tip off.  A clipped
button will affect meter relight switch, spot, hilite, & shadow functions.
That usually makes these functions not work at all but could make them
intermittent.  Also, electrical contact pad under spot button could be
dirty.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane,