[OM] Re: The monitor debate: LCD vs CRT

Subject: [OM] Re: The monitor debate: LCD vs CRT
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:42:19 +0000
We've got one over the kitchen sink that is on 10-12 hours a day, sometimes 24
when the last one to bed, which is almost always me, forgets to turn it off.  I
installed the fixture, so I know exactly how long it's been there with the
original tube: 11 years.  I can't tell it's any dimmer now than then, and the
ends are only the tiniest bit, and equally, darker.

But, hey, since I have now been informed by Steven that using a laptop LCD
screen "for color-critical work or Photoshop editing...forget it, every laptop
display I have seen are pretty junk for that application..." then I guess I'll
just find myself another hobby.  What I thought was simple muddling must not
even qualify for that lowest possible level of performance.

Or maybe I'll just get some bug spray and get the spiders out of the darkroom.
More fun, better results.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

-------------- Original message from "C.H.Ling" : --------------

[snip]
> Modern lamp will not get darker a lot during the service life, I have a 36W
> T8 lamp in my kitchen already six year (around four hours a day) without
> replacement and it just look as new (ok may be a little darker but it really
> going strong and it is running with traditional magnetic ballast.)
[snip]