[OM] Re: Question about OM-4 spot meter

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about OM-4 spot meter
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 20:17:54 +1000
At 10:16 AM 21/09/2004 -0400, John Hermanson wrote:

>You should use an "all aluminum" battery cap, not painted black.  They
>stopped making the black caps when they discovered the threads had black
>paint in them and could cause a host of other types of problems.

Hi John,

I've examined the battery cap and the threads are clean, only the exterior
surface is painted black, the thread and interior are
aluminium.  Coincidentally, on eb*y right now someone is selling pairs of
new (aluminium) OM 2-3-4 motor drive/battery caps. If I was sure the
problem is the cap I'd throw in a bid.

Other than this spot button and memory switch problem, the electrical
system seems to be fine. The meter switches on fine, the viewfinder display
looks okay and exposures seem to be consistent. I'm just about convinced
the problem with my 4 is the contact pad under the spot button, or at least
something in the vicinity because there are occasional problems with the
memory switch as well.

Andrew McPhee