[OM] Re: This one's good for a laugh if anyone's got a few moments!

Subject: [OM] Re: This one's good for a laugh if anyone's got a few moments!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:28:41 +0000
The "flash mount" is broken off, but, hey, there's a flash included, which you
can't use since the camera's broke!  Where's the Exakta mount lens, set of 37mm
filters and three 4x5 in. film holders that you can't use either?

There are still some good deals floating around in the Bay, but I haven't
bought anything there in six or eight months, or more.  I've just about got all
the OM gear I'll ever need or want.  I can't think of a single thing I would
buy, or use, not even one of the big whites or an OM-3Ti, unless I could get it
at a ridiculously, absurdly, impossibly low price.

I've apparently reached the point that, although I don't have it ALL, I've got
all that I'll ever need or want, plus a lot of stuff I'll probably never use.
And that's a little sad.  I really enjoyed the hunt for those things I felt I
just absolutely had to have, stalking and sniping in the witching hours,
certain that if I were not the "winner," I would forever regret missing this
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

But now I look in the Bay only when somebody posts a link to something silly.
Like this one.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from