[OM] Re: [OM]"a lot of stuff I'll probably never use" was: This one's go

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM]"a lot of stuff I'll probably never use" was: This one's good for a laugh if anyone's got a few moments!
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 18:03:04 +0000
I've got two of each of the motor drives, but I prefer the MD2.  I really like
that frame counter LCD display -- I'm a sucker for gadgets.  And anyway,
there's not that much difference in the weight and size, particularly for
infidels like me who use the humongous 28-105/2.8 Tamron for a walk-around
lens.  I probably wouldn't notice a difference if you tied a brick around my
neck.

See here, if you haven't already:

http://home.att.net/~hiwayman/wsb/html/view.cgi-photos.html-.html

But when it comes to seldom-used gear, I hadn't used my 500/8 Zuiko for at
least 10 years, but I shot some stuff with it last week (an example of which
you will see on the above link), and I now have plans to use it more.

Maybe I'll use the 38/2.8 Macro, or the slide copier, or the 35/2.8 shift more
some day.  But I absolutely HAVE to keep it all, just in case.  You never know
what you'll need or want tomorrow.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from